Welcome to The SIPPS Investment Pensions Section
Saving in a tax efficient manner is always desirable. To be able to save in a flexible tax efficient manner even more so. Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPS) are a means by which it is possible to save/invest in a tax efficient and flexible way specifically for a pension.
With a SIPP, amongst other things, it is possible to invest in the following:
· Equities – stocks and shares quoted on the London Stock Exchange
Further it is possible to hold these securities in such a way as to allow online management with heavily discounted costs. This facility allows you to view up to date valuations of your plan daily.
· Stocks and shares quoted on an Inland Revenue overseas stock exchange
· Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICS) and Unit Trusts
· Gilts and other fixed interest securities
· Commercial Property and land
· Second hand endowment policies
This section of TaxWorld examines SIPPS Investment Pensions in more depth. It includes various topic-sections:
Hopefully, these will provide some useful background on the issue, and equip you to make informed decisions and choices in this most financially sensitive of areas.